Monday, June 20, 2005

Secret revealed

I have been able to access the secret download area of the El Rellano website, I referred to below. Before you read on, let me tell you that there is nothing of direct relevance to the ON clip. It is basically a ZIP archive of more of Pablo´s work. I have downloaded all but one of the videos, which I could not access. I will not link to any of the material directly, because a message on the page reads:

esta pagina es supuestamente secreta por eso os pedimos que, por favor, guardeis el secreto.

This page is meant to be secret. For that reason we request you to, please, keep it secret.

Naturally, I will obey this request. For the benefit of everyone, I shall generally describe what you find in there, though. Apart from some clips unrelated to games, there are two videogame spoofs: one excellent piece on Silent Hill 2 and one rather cryptic clip on Wario Ware. All of the clips mainly feature real-life (i.e. non-animated) footage. Its style is similar to the ´Fecal Fantasy´ clip. It´s all quite different to the animations, but it´s just as meticulously done. Watching it, you get a real understanding of why Pablo might invest so much time making these clips. He must simply be a very dedicated gamer and enjoys making spoofs, spin-offs and tribute videos. I guess, they are a bit like fan fiction to him. Only he is able to draw on his outstanding talent for animation and his good ideas for making short films.

If you really want to enter the area yourself, click on the hidden icon in the lower left corner on the El Rellano main page, after clicking enter. Always choose the first answer until you get to the riddles. I suggest you reload the flash animation to look at all the various riddles. There is one which can be solved with a little deduction and imagination. Another one may need only a bit of internet research. You certainly don´t need to speak any Spanish or know any of the people involved personally. Just use Babelfish to translate the clues and your answers - and carefully examine the picture shown. You´ll get there.

On an important sidenote: I am about to post some groundbreaking news. I can´t quite say what it is yet. Come back daily if you want to be up to date.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cliffhanger, buddy. You could at least tell us when to expect it.

Falafelkid said...

I expect to be able to post this piece of news within the week.

Anonymous said...

So you already know it or you are waiting to be told?

Falafelkid said...

I´m waiting to be told something. Please be patient for a few days. You won´t regret it, because I hope it will finally clear up a substantial part of the rumours out there.

Anonymous said...

I'm patient, but 3rd party news usually falls apart when their source bails on them.

I hope yours is reliable.

Falafelkid said...

I am not waiting to hear from any developer. This is to do with the rumours out there.

Anonymous said...

No I meant 3rd party as in you are my source, but the info is coming from the source of my source.

Can you verify that what they tell u is true?

Falafelkid said...

In case anyone expects too much from my comments: I will not reveal any information from Nintendo directly or any publisher or developer. How could I? I do have pretty good contacts, but they are not THAT good. I am waiting for information that will prove a substantial source of rumours concerning the Revolution to be either completely fake or... well... not completely fake. I am certain it will be of great interest to people, so stay tuned.

Falafelkid said...

Oh, and the source will be a direct and immediate source. Does that answer your question?

Anonymous said...

Fair enough. I have my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Is this information from the Nintendo Now website. According to their website, they are going to post unexpected news soon. Does this have anything to do with what you are waiting to be told?

Falafelkid said...

Hi anonymous. No. At least I don´t think so. I have done my own bit of research and am waiting to hear from my source. It would be quite a coincidence if Nintendonow had done the same (though it is possible).

Anonymous said...

Does this have anything to do with www.Nintendo21.com?

Falafelkid said...

No. I guess that is fake anyway. It´s been around for ages, hasn´t been updated in years (I think) and ot´s full of cheap ad banners.

Anonymous said...

I have tried very hard for very long to get into the secrits part of that sight but i understand no spanish and cant get a good translation from babble fish can you please help me get in!