´Kingdom Hearts III´ will be exclusive to Wii, according to N4G forum user Astro, who is citing the March issue of Nintendo Power. In his post, he sums up the alleged article:
- Kingdom hearts 3 Wii exclusive, developed and published by square-enix.
- Tetsuya Nomura is the game director.
- Yoko Shimomura composer.
- Direct sequel to KH3, but also will reveal interesting things about chains of memories.
- Sora main character, a new misterious girls is also one of the main characters
- combat system vastly improved, every attack looks "sick", uses Wii-Remote in a very intuitive way
- Best looking Wii game, uses normal mapping far more than Konami's dewey's adventure, the animations are incredible and the art directon is a little less "kiddie"
- Winter 2008 release.
There are no scans of the article and there are no other reports concerning the particular magazine issue. For the moment, the story is as credible as the original poster. Although he joined in November, he has started only two threads on N4G, the first one being about ´God of War´ for PlayStation3.
His recent comments betray him as both a spammer and blatant anti-Sony fanboy, though. This greatly damages his credibility, for sure.
Since October, Nintendo Power is published by Future US, who I am currently trying to contact. Rest assured that I will update the story within the next few hours.
EDIT I was just able to reach the publisher´s New York office, where the advertising people are based. They did refer me back to the editorial staff in San Francisco - who are not yet in the office - but the colleague could not find any such story flicking through the March issue.
It seems very likely that this story is bogus. I will update again once I have final confirmation from the editorial staff.
EDIT The publisher´s editorial director just sent me a couple of mails clearly stating that the March issue makes no mention of ´Kingdom Hearts III´ whatsoever. The story is completely bogus, I am afraid.
Thanks to: Goliath004, GameOn, Metaldave